Monday, May 17, 2010

weekly reflection


Total hours of week: 40
Time of post: 9:09am

            The first week of senior project has been full of ups and downs. We started off a little rough. Forgetting to charge the camera’s the night before and forgetting to email the students we planned on shadowing ahead of time. But as the week went on we continued to get better and more into the routine of things. We ran into a few problems, like the computer we were using ran out of space, but we quickly went to Jim Cox and had him help us. We filmed a lot of things including 6 individual students as well as assemblies, meals and daily activities. We got all our footage in one week  which was one of our goals.
            Personally I enjoyed the importing and editing process more than the filming, although I did enjoy learning more about filming. As we continued through the week I widened my knowledge of filming by trying different filming techniques like shooting more than one angle on a situation which ended up giving our footage a much more interesting look. I also learned a lot more that I had forgotten about editing as well as many things that I hadn’t learned already just by playing around and looking at other videos for inspiration. Things such as making a clip run backwards and also working with the sound of a clip. I look forward to learning and working more on editing in the next week.
            Looking into this next week I have a very good feeling about our video. I am confident that we will finish our video on time with all the requirements met as well as an impressive video showing all that proctor can offer. It will be a  long week of editing and final adjustments but with all the good footage we have and everything that we need to still do I think it will be a very good outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment